Dwayne Johnson’s Dog Has Di ed From Eating Toxic Mushroom

Dwayne Johnson’s Dog Has Di ed From Eating Toxic Mushroom

Less than a month ago the action star revealed on Instagram that he had saved the puppy from drowning.

Less than a month after Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson rescued his French Bulldog Brutus from drowning in his pool, the puppy has died from eating a toxic mushroom.

“At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhasofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven,” Johnson announced in a message on Instagram next to a picture of him holding little Brutus at the animal hospital. “I held his lil‘ paw as he was finally at peace.”

“Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed,” Johnson wrote of the dog’s passing.

He revealed that Brutus ate the mushroom “while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return.” He went on to say, “I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.”

Johnson ended by thanking the staff at the animal hospital, and added in closing, “We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute.” #RIPBrutus #WishICouldHaveSavedYouOneMoreTime


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *